UPDATE – WATCH VIDEO: Garsfontein murder house robbed again

Police respond after two women killed in Garsfontein robbery. Photo: Gopolang Chawane

A house that saw a double murder during a burglary last Wednesday was broken into again at the weekend.

Garsfontein police spokesperson Captain Ilse Jones confirmed the early-morning burglary on Sunday.

ALSO READ: UPDATE: Two killed in Garsfontein house robbery

“No arrests have been made as yet and a laptop was said to be taken.”

A Mias Street family spokesperson Sam Makamu said the burglars were probably disturbed when members of the Moloto family woke up, causing them to flee.

The same family was attacked and two people killed in a burglary on Wednesday.

Sunday’s crime was committed around 04:30, said neighbour Stephen Brown.

He was he was woken up by the sound of an alarm.

ALSO READ: UPDATE: ADT details crucial seconds after Garsfontein double murder

Brown said he went to look and saw police officers on the scene.

“There seems to be a lot of action around the Garsfontein area,” he said.

Last week, residents thought they had caught a man said to be adept at scaling fences to commit burglaries.

He was handed to the police who released him on the same day.

Makamu said the family in Mias Street had gone through a traumatic ordeal and were in mourning.

Jones said five people were in the house when three men broke down a pedestrian gate and forced open the front door around 20:00.

They forced the Moloto family upstairs and tied them up.

Anna Moloto (43) and her sister Mahlodi (39) were stabbed to death.

Three other people were injured and taken to hospital.

Makamu said two out of them were back at home while the third, a woman, was still in intensive care.

Jones said a VW Polo was stolen and later recovered. Some electrical equipment also disappeared.

ALSO READ: NEWSFLASH: Two dead, three injured in Garsfontein

Neighbours said dogs at the house were barking for about hours on Wednesday night.

“These guys [the family] seemed to have been held hostage and I think they [perpetrators] wanted something.”He also said there had been no alarm triggered on the night of the first attack.

This information could not be confirmed by the police, who said the results of forensic tests were being awaited.

No arrests had been made over either of the crimes, police said.

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

 

find your
dream home

looking for an
affordable
apartment

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News

COMMENTS

ptacenturion ptanorth pta_mootgetitlooklocal.co.zaAutodealer.co.za
Top
Next Story
UPDATE: Man in court for killing 23-year-old woman in the east of Pta

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

SUBSCRIBE
to our free NEWSLETTER
!
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Centurion Rekord
Rekord East
Rekord Moot
Rekord North


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other