Mamelodi man burnt in explosion

.

A Mamelodi man sustained 50 percent burns to his body when a stove exploded on him late on Sunday evening.

According to Netcare 911 spokesperson, Chris Botha, the accident happened around 23:30 in Hinterland Avenue.

ALSO READ: Waltloo explosion a mystery

“Reports from the scene indicate that the man had gone into his shack and tried to light a Primus stove when it exploded,” Botha said.

“Our paramedics arrived on the scene and found the man lying on the ground.”

ALSO READ: Mamelodi calm ahead of anti-foreigner march

Botha said bystanders had already covered the man with blankets.

“After medics examined the patient, it was found that he sustained around 50 percent burns to his head, upper body and arms.”

ALSO READ: Stay away strike to take place in Mamelodi

Botha said that the patient was stabilised on the scene before being transported to hospital.

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram.

  AUTHOR
Kayla van Petegem
Journalist

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Next Story x
Attacks on women – has chivalry died?