The police urged all matriculants attending celebration gatherings to be safe.
This was revealed in a recently issued statement that provides safety tips.
The following tips were included:
– Do not text and drive and do not drink and drive.
– Arrange for a shuttle or taxi to drive you.
– Be crime conscious – be aware of crime opportunities at all times.
ALSO READ: Safety tips for the elderly
– Never walk around alone and do not talk to strangers. Be on the lookout for strange vehicles or people.
– Walk in well-lit busy streets and always stay in a group, if possible.
– Be sure to know all emergency numbers or have them displayed in an accessible area.
– Always let someone know where you are going. But think twice before advertising your impending absence on social media.
– Criminals also have access to Facebook and Twitter.
ALSO READ: Mall safety tips for your children
– Know all emergency numbers.
– Trust your instinct.
– Avoid going onto a congested street where you are crowded in and cannot move freely – that is where you will find criminals pick pocketing.
– Avoid displaying valuables where criminals can see them.
“Let us all work together to ensure a safe environment,” they said.
ALSO READ: Safety tips for children on school holidays
Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: